Friday, October 7, 2011

Chicken and Rice Soup

On Saturday night when I arrived back home from NEC, I was still cold from being out in the cold all day. I remembered I had just starred a recipe for soup in my google reader from the blog, Picky Palate. So glad I made this, it was really good! Warmed me right up!

Classic Chicken and Rice Soup


2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
3 stalks celery, chopped
3 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
7 cups chicken broth
2 cups cooked white rice
1 tablespoon whole grain Dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley

1. Heat oil in large Dutch oven or pot over medium heat. Add onions, and cook stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add celery and carrots, cooking and stirring until tender, about 5 minutes. Add chicken, chicken broth, rice, Dijon, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir and reduce heat to low. Let simmer until ready to serve.

Makes 8 servings



No comments:

Post a Comment