Thursday, January 20, 2011

Texas Hash Recipe

A family favorite. It takes about 20 minutes to make, then you put it in the oven. This is one of the easiest meals to make, perfect for a weeknight! Enjoy!!

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked regular rice
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder
1 lb. can tomatoes
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 tsp. chili powder (I'm usually add a touch more,  it's your personal peference to flavoring)
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper

1. Heat oven to 350. In a large skillet, cook ground beef until light brown; drain fat. Add onion and green pepper; cook and stir until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, rice, chili powder, salt & pepper, heat through.

2. Pour into ungreased 2 quart casserole. Cover and bake for 1 hour.

4 comments:

  1. This recipe sounds like my mom's stuffed peppers recipe. Does the top get crunchy after baking?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to make this for my family but we called it Spanish Rice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this I often fix hash with potatoes love the rice idea
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this recipe!

    ReplyDelete