Monday, September 30, 2013
Monday, September 23, 2013
It's been a wild weekend but we survived it! I've been MIA on the blog but it was crazy last week. After Jack's overnight stay in the hospital and rain coming on Sunday we thought that we'd be resting easy Sunday, but since we had already gotten the NASCAR Race tickets and the rain had stopped, Peter and I jumped into the van last minute on Sunday to meet up with Nonni & Poppi in New Hampshire to watch it while Pete and Jack stayed home so Jack could rest and get better. Croup is no fun!! Fall is in the air and I love it! The Cumberland Fair is this week and I always go twice. Once as a family, then I bring the daycare. This is my favorite time of year! Some good comfort meals on the menu this week! Enjoy your week :)
Monday: Chicken & Rice Soup
Tuesday: Dinner @ The Cumberland Fair!
Wednesday: English Muffin Pizzas
Thursday: Texas Hash
Friday: Takeout :)
Monday, September 16, 2013
Tuesday: Brushetta Pasta
Wednesday: the Salt Exchange w/ The Walter's
Thursday: Steak & Cheese Sandwiches
Friday: Take out :)
Every week I link up with other bloggers who menu plan :)
Friday, September 13, 2013
What a rainy week! Lots of pictures this Friday :)
1. Ethan came over to play with the boys on Saturday morning, he brought munchkins and these two quickly got to work :)
2. While the hubbys were hunting, Bethany and I had an unexpected, enjoyable afternoon with the kids in Boothbay Harbor :)
3. On Sunday, Peter started soccer. Opening day, he scored 4 goals!
5. On Monday, he started preschool! He was so excited to go!
6. Jack was very sad when we dropped him off at school but I managed to get a picture of them all smiles before we left.
7. Monday night while Daddy was hunting we enjoyed a Friendly's dinner with Nonni!
8. Ice cream for a great first day of school :)
9. When I got home, set up began for the daycare's grandparent luncheon. 22 grandparents and it was a wonderful!
10. Brotherly love, melts my heart :)
11. On Wednesday, September 11th, Pete and I went to see a documentary on Canter Fitzgerald's loss on 9/11. It was moving and the appropriate way to end the day.
12. Working together with the iPad.
13. Tonight Grammy joined us with to watch the movie, Wings, and some silliness on the iPad.
Monday, September 9, 2013
Enjoy your week......
Monday: White Pizza Dip
Tuesday: Easy Mexican Chicken(recipe post to follow)
Thursday: Chicken Ragu'
Friday: Takeout :)
Every week I link up with other bloggers who menu plan. What's on your menu this week?!
Sunday, September 8, 2013
Now that we finally have a backyard again, we knew we wanted to build a permeate fire pit. One afternoon during our vacation, we decided it was time!
Pete went to Home Depot and bought all the stones.
Pete's parents had just made a round one, so I assumed that is what we would build. He came back with the brochure showing what he thought we should make. I loved it!
First he laid out the stones to see where exactly he wanted to place it in the yard.
He then cut out the grass.
He then added paver stone to keep the stones level when he placed them.
Took less then an hour to build and excited it's done! Total cost of this project..$118.00
Jack & Pete making the first fire!
We love having it! Many S'mores have already been made!
Friday, September 6, 2013
Another busy week!! I hit the ground running at 6am and on a good day....slow down about 9pm! I just seem to not have enough time in the day!!!
1. I had SO MUCH FUN with my NEC peeps at Jamie's wedding. It was so great to spend time with everyone :)
2. Any time I can spend with this girl... I just love :)
3. After a few cocktails, Pete and I had some photo booth fun!
4. We ended back from NH Sunday to celebrate MacKenna's 2nd birthday!
5.We had plans to spend Labor Day at Funtown...but then it rained. So we had a fun day with Ben, Bethany, Mackenna, Kyle & Sara going out to breakfast, a stop at Cabela's and while the boys shot their bows and the kids napped, we got to enjoy a chick flick :)
6. One of our neighbors has an old 1950's car that we call Doc Hudson. He let Peter and some of the daycare kids check it out the other day!
7. It was pizza club night! The kids enjoyed a bike ride around the Varney's neighborhood after we ate.
8. Love this picture that Mara took of the kids!
9. It rained again on Thursday, so we had some fun with the parachute!
Monday, September 2, 2013
This is my lunch most days, once the kids are asleep is when I get a minute to eat my lunch!
Monday: Buffalo Chicken Lasagna
Tuesday: Waikiki Meatballs
Wednesday: Pizza Club with Sullivan's & Varney's!
Thursday: Chicken Lo Mein
Friday: take out :)
What's on your menu this week?!