Thursday, June 28, 2012

Brushetta Pasta

I love Brushetta so when I saw this on one of my favorite food blogs, Stephanie Cooks, I knew I had to try it! I make a summer salad with pesto often but I really loved this! All four of us enjoyed it last night! I served it to the daycare kids and myself cold for lunch and it was just as good served cold! A perfect summertime meal!

Source: Stephanie Cooks

Ingredients:
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in fourths
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 clove garlic, minced(We used garlic scapes from our garden)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1/2 pound pasta, any shape
1/3 cup pesto sauce
1/4 cup alfredo sauce

Directions:
1- Toss the tomatoes, oil, vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl, stir well. Allow to marinade at least an hour, up to two days, in the refrigerator. When ready to prepare the pasta allow tomato mix to come to room temperature since the oil mix will likely thicken in the fridge.
2- Prepare the pasta according to packaging directions. Drain, toss with the pesto and alfredo until the pasta is lightly coated and hot. Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese.
3- Top with the tomato mixture.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment