Pioneer Woman Brine
- 3 cups Apple Juice Or Apple Cider
- 2 gallons Cold Water
- 4 Tablespoons Fresh Rosemary Leaves
- 5 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-1/2 cup Kosher Salt
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Peppercorns
- 5 whole Bay Leaves
- Peel Of Three Large Oranges
1. Combine all ingredients in a large pot(a very large pot). Stir
until salt and sugar dissolve. Bring to a boil, then turn off heat and cover.
2. Allow to cool completely(this will take a few hours), then pour into a large brining bag or bucket.
Place uncooked turkey in brine solution, then refrigerate for 16 to 24 hours. Since it's cold enough
in Maine, we usually just place it outside to save space in the fridge.
3. When ready to roast turkey, remove turkey from brine. Submerge turkey in a pot on in a clean sink
with fresh cold water. Allow to sit in clean water for 15 minutes to remove excess salt from the
outside. Discard brine. Remove turkey from water, pat dry, and cook according to your normal