Monday, May 30, 2011

Happy Memorial Day!

After enjoying a wonderful Memorial Day weekend(will post about it later) I wanted to highlight my two grandfathers who were servicemen. Thanks to all the men and women out there who have served this country past and present!!


My Mom's Dad, Harry Hooper, served in the Navy. He was left a paraplegic after an papella shaft caught him by the shirt at the neck and fliped him and broke his neck and back.


My Dad's father, Richard Murphy, also served. He was stationed up in Gander, Newfoundland when he met my grandmother who was working as a secretary on base.

"I thank God for my life and the stars and stripes. May Freedom forever fly. Let it ring. Salute the ones who died, the ones who give their lives, so we don't have to sacrifice the things we love." - Zac Brown Band

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful tribute to your grandfathers and to all service men and women.

    ReplyDelete