Sunday, July 28, 2013

Chicken Spaghetti

I wrote this for post as a guest poster on Mindi's blog over a year ago! When my husband was just looking through some of my blog pics, he mentioned that he wanted this for dinner this week. It was then that I realized that I never shared this recipe on my blog! Enjoy :)
I am a HUGE fan of the Pioneer Women(maybe she'll invite me to her ranch someday....Call me Ree, haha)! Her Corn and Cheese Chowder is one of our favorites! My husband does just as much of the cooking as I do, so when I got her cookbook from the library, he was the first one to go through it and found this recipe. I love anything with pasta, so I was looking forward to making this. We make a few quick changes due to what we had at home, our changes are in red below. This recipe did not dissapoint!

Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cook Time: 45 Minutes
Difficulty: Easy
Servings: 8

Ingredients:
■1 "Cut Up Fryer" (Basically, one chicken that’s been cut into pieces)
2 cups Cooked Chicken
■3 cups Dry Spaghetti, Broken Into Two Inch Pieces
2 cans Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream Of Mushroom Soup
1 can Cream Of Chicken Soup
■2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
■1/4 cup Finely Diced Green Pepper
1 jar (4 Ounce) Diced Pimentos, Drained
1/4 cup Finely Diced Tomato
■1/4 cup Finely Diced Onion
2 cups Reserved Chicken Broth From Pot
2 cups Chicken Broth
■1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoned Salt
■1/8 teaspoon to 1/4 Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
■ Salt And Pepper, to taste
■1 cup Additional Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese

Shred chicken to make two cups......
While pasta is cooking, chop up green pepper, tomato & onion.
When spaghetti is cooked, combine with remaining ingredients except additional 1 cup sharp cheddar.
Place mixture in casserole pan and top with remaining sharp cheddar.
Cover and freeze up to six months, cover and refrigerate up to two days, or bake immediately: 350 degrees for 45 minutes until bubbly. (If the cheese on top starts to get too cooked, cover with foil).
This meal was so good!!! We all agreed(Jack by the amount he ate) that this will be one to cook again soon! The daycare kids had some the next day and they all liked it! I actually thought it was better reheated! Add this to your list to try :)
Posted by on September 5 2009




 

No comments:

Post a Comment