Friday, May 4, 2012

Mexican Pizza

Some of you might remember my love of Cinco de Mayo. This week at the daycare, I have based our activities and menu around the holiday on Saturday. On Tuesday, I decided to make Mexican pizza! Using what I had at the house, this is what I came up with. It was super easy to throw together and create!

Using pizza dough, I spread it really thin, so when cooked it would be more like a tortilla and not so doughy. I used salsa instead of pizza sauce.
Cut up some chicken breast to cook, then add some fajita seasoning to it for flavor.
I used a Mexican blend of cheese from Hannaford.
After the chicken finished cooking, I diced it up more for the kids along with green onions.
All ready to go into the oven!
Who's ready to eat!!! Yum!
Served some Mexican rice along with the pizza because the kids love rice!
Garnish your pizza with sour cream, guacamole or more green onions & salsa!
The kids loved this pizza!! I couldn't believe even the picky eaters enjoyed it! I thought it was great as well and plan on adding this into our menu plan! Enjoy your cinco de mayo!
UPDATED : 11:45am
So after realizing that I have more younger kids today then older, I sratched the nachos(choking hazard) and decided to make a different version of the Mexican pizza for lunch. Another sucess!
Using the tortillas I had, I spread Salsa on them.
This time, I cooked some ground beef and added taco seasoning to it.
Sprinkled some Mexican blend cheese and green onions on them before adding the beef.
Hot out of the oven and ready to eat!!


3 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I use any leftover taco meat (usually ground turkey with refried beans) to use for Mexican pizza! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete