Thursday, March 29, 2012

NEC Lacrosse Game

Most people that know me, know my love for New England College. The friendships I made and the experiences I had, make me a Pilgrim for life! I just wish they would make a better connection with their Alumni! I took matters into my own hands a few years ago and started a group, New England College Women's Lacrosse Alumni. So when the team schedule had them playing right in Biddeford, I called up the coach(who happens to be one of my besties) and offered to host a team dinner. Other alum from Maine offered to help! It was great to see the girls in action!

A very focused Jill

It was windy and cold so the boys couldn't show off their Grim gear, but they had fun playing outside and watching some lacrosse. Nonni came and helped us so I could really watch the game :)

Halftime talk. The girls had a great 2nd half but it wasn't enough to pull off the win :(

When I realized it was going to be windy and cold, I made a few phone calls and was able to secure a function room in the Dining Hall. Thanks UNE! Andrea, Lacie and I put together a great spread for the girls :)  Jack went running as soon as he saw the sandwich, LOL

NEC Alum! Lacie, Andrea, Jill and I

Jackie & Jill! I cried (duh, I'm emotional) when I first hugged her hello and again when we said goodbye. She is just the kind of person you feel lucky to have in your life. It makes me sad we don't live closer to each other. So glad my boys got to spend some time with her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment