Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Television Postpartum

I am an emotional person to begin with. Watching tv since I gave birth, I think I have cried every day. Sometimes I just get choked up, other times I am balling. Sometimes it's because something was really sad to me, sometimes it's because something was so sweet or happy. Here is a show and a movie I watched for the first time this weekend......




Description: Lifetime Television has an all-new reality series “Coming Home,” featuring U.S. soldiers’ surprise family reunions across the country after serving long tours of duty on behalf of the country. Paying tribute to American armed forces personnel and their families, “Coming Home” follows the surprise reunions of soldiers from all five branches of the military with their spouses, children, parents and other loved ones as they return home from active duty throughout the world

My Thoughts: I think this is my new favorite show! However, 3 weeks postpartum, I cried the entire show! It was so heartwarming and sad at the same time. This will be set to the DVR weekly. Sunday nights on Lifetime.




Description: Caterer Holly Berenson (Katherine Heigl) and network sports director Eric Messer (Josh Duhamel) discover a reciprocal hatred during an ill-fated first date -- but are forced to put their feelings aside when their mutual friends die and they become the guardians for orphaned Sophie. Now, Holly and Eric must learn to live with each other and juggle their promising careers while taking care of the little girl in this romantic comedy.

My Thoughts: Pete and I rented this Friday night. Yes, it is a romantic comedy but, if you have small children it is not so funny. I cried a bunch of times just thinking about if this happened to my boys. Yes, I know I am emotional and can be xtreme but even Pete said as parent now, this movie is sad to him at parts also.

No comments:

Post a Comment