Thursday, September 29, 2011

Beef Stew


I have the cookbook Fix and Forget It for my crockpot. I have many recipes that I like and many that we haven't even tried yet. This one is a great find. I started this in the morning and kept it on low for a little over 10 hours. The beef was tender and the veggies cooked perfect. We really enjoyed this meal, we'll have it often over the winter!!

2 lbs. beef chuck. cubed
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 1/2 cups beef broth
half garlic clove, minced
1 bay leaf
4 carrots, sliced
2 onions, chopped
1 rib celery, sliced
3 potatoes, diced

Directions
1. Place meat in slow cooker
2. Combine flour, salt, pepper, and paprika. Stir in meat until coated
thoroughly.
3. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
4. Cover and cook on low 10-12 hours or on high 4-6 hours. Stir before
serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment