Thursday, November 19, 2009

I Heart My Crockpot!

I have been using my crockpot about twice a week in the last month! I don't get home until after 6 and with a baby, a crockpot is magic!! I have been trying a bunch of new recipes but I think this one is my current favorite!! I now add a little cooked bacon when I add the cream now!

Hearty Potato Soup

Ingredients
6 potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 1/2 pounds)
2 medium onions, diced
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
1 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups fat-free half-and-half


Preparation
Combine first 8 ingredients in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker.
Cook, covered, at HIGH 3 hours or until vegetables are tender.
Stir together flour and half-and-half; stir into soup. Cover and cook 30 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Serve in Italian Bread Bowls, and garnish, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment